Tuesday 23 August 2011

Instant Gratification: 3

I am cheating a little with this one because it's a shot I took a couple of months ago. My aim is to write about my instants as and when they happen. But as I have run out of film and am waiting for Amazon to get its act together...I thought I'd post this one that I took in Cuba this May.

This was taken at the Bay of Pigs by lying on a very beautiful and scorching hot pier. I got down low to capture how warped and jutting the boards were as I liked how they mimicked the waves. The film held it's own and did justice to the amazing colours; Cuba is bursting with these incredible greens and blues.

Theres something so exciting and visceral about watching a shot you've just taken develop in your hands. All the frustration of duds is worth it for ones like this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment